Love is in the air... <3 Really this recipe can be used all year round, but to celebrate Valentine's Day we've used a heart shaped biscuit cutter and pink icing to create these adorable love heart biscuits.
1. Mix softened unsalted butter and caster sugar in a bowl, once smooth add egg yolk and beat altogether.
2. Gradually sift flour into your mixture, stirring between until the mixture turns into a smooth dough.
3. Sprinkle a little flour onto the side before rolling out your dough out to approximately 3mm thick. Use a heart cookie cutter to cut out hearts.
4. Place dough hearts onto a tray lined with baking paper and place in the oven (preheated to 170c fan) until golden brown on the edges (usually around 12 minutes but it depends on the size of your hearts so keep an eye on them).
5. Once cooked, leave to cool and serve alongside a tea or coffee. You could even test your creative skills and decorate with some icing - adding an extra handmade touch.