Reassuring your customers through social distancing & hygiene
With many businesses now working their way towards a new normal, it is more important than ever to consider your customers’ expectations for visiting your premises in terms of social distancing measures and hygiene standards. And the same, of course, applies to your teams who may be both excited and nervous about returning to work in these times of uncertainty. There are a number of points to consider around this:
• If you have the option to create a one-way system or use one door for entry and another for exit, this can help avoid close as your customers make their way around your premises. Use stickers and a-board signs to help direct the flow…
• Consider how many customers you can reasonably fit in your premises at any one time, and whether you need to accept people to attend by booking only
• Consider putting up screens around reception areas or in between desks/seats
• Provide hand sanitiser and hand washing facilities and put up signs reminding both your employees and customers to use these frequently
• Ensure teams are fully briefed and adhere to any increased cleaning measures in between customer visits, and consider putting up reassuring messages, letting your customers know what to expect
• PPE – will your teams need any additional items as part of their uniform and have you got a process in place for how frequently PPE must be replaced?
Lots to consider for both you and your teams but with the official shielding period coming to an end, hospitality, personal care and leisure businesses opening their doors again and the ‘eat out to help out’ initiative launching in August, planning ahead is key and ensuring your business feels safe and comfortable for all involved is critical to its success!