315g Tate & Lyle Granulated Sugar
5 x Eggs
275g Everyday Favourites Self Raising Flour
2 x Lemons
1. Preheat oven to 160°c or gas mark 3.
2. Place buttery spread into a mixer along with 275g sugar and cream together.
3. Once mixture is smooth, add the eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
4. Fold through the flour and add the juice and zest of one lemon.
5. Grease an oven proof tin and pour in mixture.
6. Place in preheated oven for approximately 35 minutes.
7. Take 30g of the sugar and the juice and zest of one lemon and mix with 50 ml of water. Dissolve the sugar over a low heat.
8. Once the sponge is cooked, allow to cool slightly then using a cocktail stick prick some holes in the top of the sponge then pour the lemon syrup over the top.