500g Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Caster Sugar
5 tbsp Lyle's Golden Syrup Poly
10 Lollysticks or Wooden Skewers
1. Pour boiling water over your apples, leave to sit for 1 minute, remove from the water and dry all apples thoroughly.
2. Push your sticks into the stalk-end of each apple and place onto a piece of parchment paper on top of a board.
3. Tip the sugar and water into a saucepan and bring to a simmer until the sugar has dissolved.
4. Swirl your mixture in your saucepan and add the golden syrup. Turn up the heat and leave it to boil until it reaches the 'hard crack' stage. To test this, drop some mixture into a glass of cold water. It should harden and remain hardened when removed from the water. If you are adding food colouring, add now and stir in.
5. Dip each of your apples in your toffee mixture, ensuring to cover the whole apple. Leave to set on parchment paper.
6. Once set, wrap each apple in cellophane and tie up with a bow. Store in an airtight container.