200g Self Raising Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
50g Butter or Margarine
25g Caster Sugar
1 Medium Egg
1. Pre heat the oven to 200°/ 180° fan/ gas mark 6.
2. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Cut the butter or margarine into cubes and whilst it is still cold rub the flour into it.
2. Carefully mix the caster sugar and sultanas into the mixture.
3. Beat the egg and milk together, set 15ml aside to brush the tops of the scones. Add the rest to the mixture.
4. Dust a surface with some flour and knead the mixture onto the surface. Use a rolling pin to roll it out until it is 1 1/2 cm thick.
5. Cut into circles and place on a greased tray.
6. Brush the tops of each scone with the remaining egg and flour. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.