40g Freshers low fat cocoa powder
200g plain flour
2 and a half tsp baking powder
280g caster sugar
80g unsalted butter
half tsp vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat your oven to 160c (fan).
2. Whisk together your cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking powder and butter.
3. Once everything is combined. In a separate bowl, mix in your milk, eggs and vanilla extract together. Slowly add this in the bowl with your other ingredients. Continue whisking until the mixture is smooth with no lumps.
4. Spoon mixture into paper cake cases and cook for 20-30 minutes. Check your cakes are done by inserting a skewer into the centre of one cake which should come out clean.
5. When your cupcakes are cool, decorate using your icing of choice.